This origami video shows you how to make a simple square box. While it doesn’t have a lid, you can easily make one by making a second square box that’s slightly smaller (trim the edges by about 1cm). The larger original box you made will be a lid that fits over the smaller second box.
- 1 square sheet of paper
- second slightly smaller square sheet if you want to make a lid
- If you don’t want to trim your own paper, consider buying paper like this >>
- In this video I use 150 x 150 mm origami paper (~ 6” x 6”). The final box comes out to be 53 x 53 x 26 mm
- dimensions will be roughly N/3 x N/3 x N/6, where N is the original edge length of your square paper
- 0.35N x 0.35N x 0.17 is a little more precise
- In the picture above I made a “bento box” by using a 12” x 12” piece of scrapbook paper for the large box and sheets of 6” x 6” paper for the smaller boxes that fit inside the large one.